Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Family Sections on Planes

OK, so how many times have you been on a long flight, taken a sleeping pill (or not) but wanted to sleep the night away? Your kids are grown, gone long ago, but behind you sits the cutest kid, sometimes alone or with a friend; screaming, kicking, crying, fighting and making your trip hell. That's what happened to me on my last flight to Hawaii. I was exhausted when I arrived . . . the sleeping pill never kept me asleep, thanks to this snotty kid who kept kicking my seat and screamed through the entire flight. His mother thought he was cute. I wanted to kill him.

Then I had a brilliant idea . . . I knew I wasn't alone, wasn't the only empty nester or childless couple; so happy that our kids are gone or that they didn't have any at all . . .

FAMILY SECTIONS ON PLANES

That's it . . . they should be in the back of the plane. Let all the mom's who think it's amusing, when their babies scream or cry or fight . . . let them listen to all the other kids screaming and fighting . . . it should be like a mommy and me group, a playgroup, a nursery school.
Now that we are paying big bucks for every flight, for every piece of baggage, for every meal . . .
why oh why do we have to put up with the insanity of screaming kids. I say enough is enough.
Lets all write the airlines and complain. . .

4 comments:

Katrina said...

I've often thought the best solution would be for Disney to do an all "family" airline- just like their cruise ships. Kids would love it. It would be family friendly- appropriate snacks, Disney Movies etc.

Paulobp said...

I'll second the vote on that one but my first beef is getting grossly overweight people to buy 2 seats or a row. I've had 2 flights in the past 2 years with someone (I'm sure they were a nice person) hanging over my seat so bad I couldn't rest my arm on the armrest and had to compress & trun myself to be comfortable. I ended up walking to the back of the plane & complaining. The FA said, It's a short flight."

Say what? Short flight, long 500 bucks. Maybe they need a section 'F' for family and fat?

hmmmmm said...

Right on! I agree. Family section or else mandatory muzzles for the kids....

Anonymous said...

I am astonished at this perspective. Even when I did not have children, I had compassion for their difficulty in flying. And their parents. I realized the world was not designed to always be just how I want and need it. I find this a sad commentary on equality for ALL people of the world, especially be they young and helpless. I feel bad for those who sit and have no level of being to do other than send ugly energy towards a child. Shows what a selfish mess this world is in.... How about we employ a word called TOLERANCE. I will continue to seek what there is to be joyous about in MY life.... God bless you all.... But when some cannot even apply tolerance to such a seemingly mundane situation as a plane flight....seems funny that all these "bigger political issues" get judged. It is all just a microcosm.But only with eyes to see and ears to hear.